All Men?

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 00:18:22 -0500 (EST)

> But speaking of blokes, how about a bit of role-reversal here? We started
> off with a comparison with modern cloning techniques. Given that, we
> don't need women to produce babies, either. In fact, if you simply want
> genetic diversity, men are a better source (sperm count v. egg count).
> So, how about a society of *men* only? And some myths about how they get
> sons? Now there's a challenge!
>
> Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk

         Well...while woman obviously have the physiology to carry a child men don't; there'd have to be some way of dealing with a pregnancy...hmm, and to feed the child once born. Perhaps by some ritual/quest a man could become a woman for a year or so? Or they could raise their children from the ground through some sort of ritual; wasn't one Pamaltelan race made from clay? Or adoption or theft of children; hmm, the theft thing has some appeal. A cult that steals male children, perhaps not only humans, perhaps nomadic. Or how about a rune spell, cast during sex, that causes the resulting male child to leave his mother and join his father, when he can?

         I don't know how well those fit into Glorantha, or for that matter just how sane any of those suggestions are. :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...