Tattoos, Balls, Chains, Saints & Babies

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:51:28 -0500

+------------+
>I think tattoo enchantments are real common, but I
>don't want to encourage people to go around skinning their enemies.

If your players would seriously do this, then you have a problem! Remind me never to play in your group! I think this would be a great thing for an evil NPC to do.

+------------+
>Does anybody know historically how the ball and chain was used?????

Carefully!

+------------+
>Nick Effingham's "St.
>Orlanth" looked more as Sartar with sorcery than the West.

I'd like to see a list of blessings for a more western model, St. Orlanth, St. Humakt, St. Chalana, etc. Any ideas?

Should it be possible for a theistic worshipper of Orlanth, Humakt, LM etc. to translate his faith to this model?

+------------+
>We started
>off with a comparison with modern cloning techniques. Given that, we
>don't need women to produce babies, either.

To quote John Cleese in the Life of Brian, "Where's the foetus going to gestate, in a box?"

PHIBBS_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |