Copyrighted stuff on WWW pages

From: BiturianV_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:19:38 -0500 (EST)

Frederic said:
Now a technical question for lawyers around here: how can we put "out-of-print" stuff on the web without summoning the evil demons of copyright.
Yes, I have the Cradle scenario, and yes I could scan it, use OCR and put it on HTML form, but I don't want to offend Chaosium in doing so (I'd rather see them putting energy in publishing new stuff than enforcing the copyrights on old ones...)

*(*(*(

My response:
Chaosium would very much prefer that no one put our copyrighted Glorantha material onto the Web. 'Evil demons of copyright' keep game companies in business.

The good news is that Chaosium is going to put some of this old out of print Glorantha stuff onto its Web pages in the near future. I don't yet have a timetable for this.