OOP stuff

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:22:39 +0800

>I second Loren entirely about this: If you've got "out-of-print" infos,
>make them available or forget about them.

        Phooey, pish-tosh, etc. My collection of out of print stuff (and hard to get in print stuff) is just as valuable as any of the in-print stuff, and the stuff on this digest, which is to say it has as much to do with my Glorantha as I allow it too. How could quoting an obscure out of print supplement be any less authoritative than simply making it up? And we have certainly established that making it up is valid. I shall continue to quote from obscure out of print supplements. I shall continue to treat those supplements as authoritative IF I happen to like what they say. You are free to ignore them. Sure, it is damn irritating when people quote from stuff that you can't get your hands on. Learn to live with it - there are always going to be stuff you can't get hold of, be it RQ2 stuff, the contents of Gregs wastepaper basket, or (for example) the SFC so far unpublished work on Shargash. Of course, as long as no one thinks that just because it saw print 10 years ago that makes it more authoritative than something that appeared here to general acclaim last week.

        But there is little enough information on many topics (dragonnewts, for example) without people demanding I ignore what little I have.

        And making them available is simply not something that can probably be legally done, unless Chaosium decide to make it so. I do not really expect them to do so either - at least in part because I would expect a few of their supplements for the promised new Glorantha line to be in part recycled.

        Cheers

                David