Re: births

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:49:36 +1000 (EST)

Pam said
> Much agreement w/ David Hall about Babeester Gor losing her fertility.
> I would also say the same of Humakt. He is the god of death and
> endings, after all - pretty much the antithesis of fertility and birth.
>
> Fertilty in Glornatha is a magical thing - a gift from the ancient gods
> of life. MOST Gloranthans are connected to them in some way. But those
> who sever their connections with Life become sterile. Babs and Humakt
> are _not_ popular paths to walk. Their heropaths are those of the
> desperate and the hopeless. Generating new life is NOT within this
> realm.

I like all that. How about Yanafal Toenails? Given his popularity in the army I suspect he's able to be fertile. Though it could make a great excuse for the raping part of pillaging, maiming and raping: lots of lost virginity in the conquered lands but no bastards (except the red ones :-) Also could be a good part behind officers retiring: they can't devote all their time and energy to their men if they're thinking about other things, so for discipline YT makes them celebate until they 'retire', figuratively or literally. The same line was taken for eunuchs. Say, perhaps initiation (or Sword) in Humakt requires more than one type of severance! That should make some PCs think strongly about it (if its widely known). The old RQ2 days when Humakti were fairly prevalent for PCs would swiftly come to an end (with a bit of eye-watering as imaginations take over :-)

Robert