Rules digest takeover continues(sorry)

From: Jim Heaton <jmh1_at_bolton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:17:02 +0000

Sorry 'bout this, but after 10 years re-enactment, I just had to get me oar in:

Two weapons:

       Sword/axe, sword/dagger, sword/shortspear etc - all OK, and not too difficult to co-ordinate, but never EVER fight anyone with a two handed spear or halberd. Most medieval armies had a fair proportion of polearms ergo two weapons not that common as a technique.

Flails:

      Two handed flails parry like a cross between a nunchaku and a quarterstaff (if that makes any sense). With a one-handed flail you use a shield, plenty of armour on your weapon arm and a rilly, rilly thick helmet.

Jim Heaton. (proud to be only the 827th subscriber to contribute to this thread)