RQ Press Release

From: BiturianV_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 19:38:52 -0500 (EST)

Chaosium Inc.
950 56th Street
Oakland, CA 94608
(510) 547-7681 ph
(510) 595-2445 fax

March 4, 1996

Press Release

Chaosium Inc. and Avalon Hill have officially ended their fourteen year business relationship. The trademark "Runequest" and the rules to the Runequest role-playing game are now the sole property of Avalon Hill. Chaosium Inc. will not ever produce Runequest again. All of the rights to Glorantha remain the sole property of Chaosium Inc.

Avalon Hill will continue to sell the Gloranthan products it has in stock, but no future Avalon Hill publications shall be Gloranthan.

When asked for a comment, Chaosium company president Greg Stafford stated, "This is another step in our own development of a full line of Gloranthan games and books. Avalon Hill can now pursue their own development and creative freedom with the Runequest line, and we wish them good luck with it."