Q+A: Are the gods real/were they created?

From: Henk.Langeveld_at_Holland.Sun.COM
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:57:45 +0100 (MET)

Stephen Lucek on "MONOMYTH vs SUBJECTIVE MYTH ":

> Gosh this talk about the monomyth has been going on a long time. I have been
> too busy to add my little bit, but for what its worth, here it is, very quickly.
>
> Martin Laurie states the two positions very clearly:
>
> i) GODS ARE REAL and ii) GODS ARE CREATED (BUT REAL).

and continues to describe how the differences are sometimes hard to discern between the positions.

Here's a bit about the language involved: The problem is with the verb 'to be', which is a temporal verb.

Any statement about the existence of the gods has to take into account the relation between godtime and sequential time.

Q: How are godtime and sequential time related? A: They are independent, but interaction is possible.

Q: How can godtime and sequential time interact? A: through people.

Q: Do the gods exist?