Bug sight

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 22:54 MET

James Frusetta on troll eyesight:
>Long range (say, over a mile) it's supposed to be fairly good (eg, as good
>as a human) In close, it's nearly useless, or so Trollpak infers. Going
>over to eyesight while flying for trolls has to be as hard as WWII
>night-fighting was before radar -- you know you're perception is mucked,
>so just let your bug take over the controls...

Hmm. Don't we have Gorakiki people here? Switch to Insect Head, with antennae for chemical scans and faceted eyes for all-round vision. Granted, aiming becomes more difficult viewed through a multitude of small eyes, but the smell...

BTW: In Norway there is one kind of Moscito called "StuKa" for the similarity to the German WW II dive bombers in their attack. They sting even before they sit down on their prey... This much for insect flight abilities.