Humakti Infertility

From: David Cheng <dcheng_at_amnh.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:07:12 -0500

Count me as another vote against the supposed consensus opinion that all Humakt initiates are sterile.

I think it very appropriate that a possible geas be "never have children" or "never engage in coitus." However, I think automatic infertility upon inititation is too extreme.

Perhaps the source of the Humakti "Beserker" spell is such a geas? Maybe that's the attendant gift too: a re-usable Beserker spell. This, of course, avoids the question "Should the Humakti Beserker spell really be redefined as 'Death Song'?", which came up on the Digest several years ago.

I think it far more appropriate that infertility be a side-effect of some special Humakt heroquest. Or, perhaps some GMs might introduce the idea of gifts & geasa of increasing severity; only Swords could take them.

Ask me about Tekumel-Con      +1 (212) 472-7752 [before midnight, EST]