odd bits

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 00:03:32 +1300

Philip Hibbs:

PG>>Phil Hibbs suggested blessings for the Henotheist versions of the
>>Lightbringers. Nick E. rejected the idea. So do I. There is no need to
>>assume that there have been a total absorption of the cults into the
>>Malkioni way.

>What's a Henotheist? I wasn't referring to any particular area or culture.

The church of Otkorion is known as the Henotheist church. Strictly all stygian cults are in fact henotheist which is a better term to use for one finds it difficult to label the Aetheric Church of Galanin as Stygian. Bloody Arkat...

David Dunham:

>What I meant was that you can be
>drawn into someone else's heroquest in a non-starring role. [...]
>I can't quickly find an example of "I was just riding the Plains of
>Prax, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I was attacked by
>a heroquesting Zorak Zorani," but that's what I'm talking about.

Queen Kallyr was doing the Short lightbringers quest when a blindlingly armed lunar warrior appeared and slew half her household.

The Pharoah was doing his normal yearly rites when he was ambushed and dismembered by Lunars under JarEel.

The Red Emperor was sitting in the choir with his altar boys when Sheng sent a curse which sent him to the worst hell.

Verendekelm the Spolite Emperor of Dara Happa was summoned to the Tower of Raibanth and slain when Dismesiod underwent the Ten Tests.