Saints

From: Jose Ramos <Jose.Ramos_at_univ-angers.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 13:16:28 +0000

        There follow some of Saint blessings I have around urban Safelster. IMO the henotheist churchs are a mix up of sorcery users with blessings, almost normal cultists, and sorcery users with some divine magic. There is almost no coexistence of Spirit and sorcery in the same person. Each henotheist church has different proportions of the three types of people, different saint lists and different god lists, although similar. I consider there are different paths to each saint (or god) so most have several blessings, usually in sequence, as you approach your model. Remember I think that the POW payment is not enough, you have to try to follow your saint's model.

        All this blessings cost 1 POW when invoked, besides the cost of getting the blessing, so they are not lightly used.

        Some gods are not easy to subsume in a saintly way. The Green Lady is one of those, because it is more a community affair than an individual path. Although disdained by most "high" castes, a debased form is followed by most farmers. Wise lords know better than interfering with crops.

        The religious diversity in Ralios is a consequence of the Political fragmentation. Churches are more political than mundane, and religious tolerance is quite high, specially for Glorantha. Changing churches is not very hard, although retuning back would be harder. The Otkorioni success is unusual because it is mostly religious in nature.

BTW, Joerg, I cannot believe you think Kustria borders with Otkorion. Where do you think you are playing?

Jose