FWD>Humakti - deathbed scen

From: Bill.McKinley_at_mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 13:29:18 +1000

Mail=2ALink=AE                    FWD=3EHumakti - deathbed scenes

=3EI had never thought of a Humakti being at a deathbed to comfort the dyin=
g=2E
It is quite an interesting thought=2C and a practice that I could see being=

quite popular in some regions=2E
There could even be Humakti who try to make the transition as painless as possible =28and some might interpret this as Sever Spirit=21=29=2E

I have always thought that the way of the Humakti could be seen as being si= milar to the way of the Samurai=2E I suspect then=2C that many Humakti woul= d consider someone dying in bed to be weak and cowardly=2E

=22He only has one death=2C=22 a Humakti would say=2C=22he should die memor=
ably=2C with a fierce oath on his lips=2C in a way that will inspire his fa= mily and ensure that he is remembered forever=2E =

=22Instead=2C he is dying in bed like the tradesman that he is=2E I will re=
mind him that Death comes to us all=2C but I cannot comfort him=2C because = he is wasting his precious death in the same way that he wasted his preciou= s life selling drygoods=2E=22

Bill McKinley