RPG censorship, GAMA pamphlets

From: Henk.Langeveld_at_Holland.Sun.COM
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:21:48 +0100 (MET)

Denise L Calaway <acdlc_at_utxdp.dp.utexas.edu> on

        "RPG Censorship in the United States":

> To be honest I am not sure how an article in a newspaper will come
> out sounding - - I am a level headed individual (with a touch of
> Babs Gor when needed!) but an adult playing a "child's" game can be
> misperceived. I know plenty of people misinformed on this topic.
> Has there been anything published - a pamphlet - that informs people
> about the true nature of RPG's?? If so let me know.

As a matter of fact, there is a pamphlet, which is published by GAMA, the US Games Manufacturers Association. It does provide a good background, even though the thing is slightly dated.

The author is a bloke called Greg Stafford, you may have heard of him.

It's available on the GAMA site http://gama.org as

[1]"Introduction to Adventure Games", Greg Stafford

There's also

[2] "Questions & Answers About Role-Playing Games",

        Loren K. Wiseman and Michael A. Stackpole

[3] "How to Deal With Parents", Wayne Godfrey

If the library is blocking these links, I would be happy to mail you a copy... For that matter, everyone on this list would...

Henk Langeveld

[1]http://gama.org/intro.html
[1]http://gama.org/QA.html
[1]http://gama.org/parents.html