Re: Death and fertility

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 97 11:31:30 EST

> From: <bjm10_at_cornell.edu>
> Let's talk death and fertility: In Genertela, there just isn't enough
> extra "spirit yummy" to go around. Thus, if the Priestesses of Ernalda,
> Dendara, or whomever, don't Bless Crops every planting, there will be no
> worthwhile growth in a field. I would say that this extends to other
> fields of fertility.

If the Bless Crops isn't cast, the fields turn into a patch of weeds. Don't forget that the elves are forever plotting to reclaim everything for their forests, as well. The whole continent isn't Genert's Wastes except on actively worked farms, after all. It's just not Pamaltela, where the food practically falls from the trees and bushes (supposedly, at least).

It is somewhat ironic that the "fertility" spells reduce fertility for the *undesired* crops, first, before they can help the desired crops, but that is part of the Mystery of the Earth goddesses. Possibly the Weedkiller Aspect was more useful in the First and Second Ages than the Fertilizer Aspects, especially in the colonies on Pamaltela (Six-Legged Empire and modern-day Umathela).