Gloranthan legal systems

From: Lemens, Chris <CNU!AUSTIN3!lemens_at_cnucorp.attmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 16:32:00 +0000

About a moon ago (I've given up trying to catch up on digest reading), someone asked about Gloranthan legal systems. The trial in Thucydides' (sp?) History of the Peloponesian (sp? again) War would be a great model for Orlanthi trials--great orators argue to the clan, city, or whatever, appealing to all sorts of loyalties--blood ties, cult ties, old grudges, etc. Punishments can get creative. In some greek cities, death was preferred to exile. I doubt most Orlanthi would agree, but exile could be a good cause for sudden conversion to the ways of Humakt.