Re: rules; Humakt & fertility; newbies

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 22:40:33 -0800

Paolo Guccione wondered

> Why is that darn rules-digest out of service, after all?

Because nobody volunteered to run it.

Pam Carlson wrote

> good to see Humakt talked about as more than a vehicle for obtaining
> Bladesharp 8!

"He gives Toothsharp, too. Helps keep the edge on my iron teeth." -- Onslaught

Humakt is also the god of oaths. If you want to convince others of your sincerity, you swear by Humakt.

> A clan that needs Humakt as a war god must be desperate indeed.

I disagree. If you're going to war, you want to win. Humakt is the best war god there is. Why not honor his combat prowess? Humakt is a weapon, and you do have to be careful that you don't end up weilded by Humakt, but most tribes don't have that problem.

BTW, in my Glorantha, Storm Bull is a fertility-related god in Ralios, but not in Dragon Pass (where he's the dry desert wind).

Martin Laurie's comments on the difficulty of fencing against beginners are confirmed in my experience. It's much easier to defeat them once you've taught them a thing or two! (Not that beginners are that likely to score against you, but they certainly fight unconventionally.)