POW and plants

From: lib155_at_abdn.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:44:30 +0000 (GMT)

A question occurred after my group's post game discussion last week. What qualities does something need to have a POW stat? This question started by trying to figure out if plants have POW and if not why. It seems that everything in the animal kingdom has POW, but the aldryami are the only plants with it. We decided that POW comes from having a spirit, but if that's the case why do elves have spirits and not oak trees, toadstools etc?
My cynical side says that originally anything the characters were likely to face in combat had a POW stat because they get spells cast at them.

James Turner.

lib155_at_abdn.ac.uk