Darkwall

From: Peter Maranci <pmaranci_at_sunspot.tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 05:05:49 -0500 (EST)

        I ran into something strange while GMing tonight, and would appreciate hearing what others think about it.

        A combat was started indoors between the PCs and a heavily armed and armored group of guards. One PC cast a Darkwall, placed exactly between the combatants. The guards charged the Darkwall, trying to jump through. But the PC moved the Darkwall to always cover their eyes, so that they were never able to see the PCs. The guards charged anyway, trying to smash into the PCs with limited success.

        I have a hard time buying that Darkwall can be micro-manipulated that way. In any case it requires active concentration (as listed in the spell description). But is that fine a control possible? Since the PC can't see through the Darkwall, can he simply move the wall to cover his enemies' eyes as soon as they get past the wall?

        If Darkwall was as powerful as all that, I'd think that the Uz would rule the world. My gut feeling is that I was psyched out by the players. Any thoughts?

-->Pete

Editor, Interregnum RPG/Science Fiction APA/magazine -- email for info. Interregnum WWW home page: http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/index.html FRP adventures, art and more: http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/rq.htm