Shargash and fertility

From: Dennis Hoover <shargash_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:30:08 -0500

David Hall wrote:

>>(NB. I see Shargash as an exception to this - he's a primal and=20
>>primitive throwback to Death in its purest form. I reckon his =
worshipers
>>are infertile.)

and Jeorg replied:

>I think that this applies to some, not all of his worshippers

I would stop short of describing Shargash as an explicit fertility = deity, but his worshippers (almost every male resident of Alkoth) are = definitely not infertile. Shargashi recognize that without death there = can be no life, for life feeds on death. Life is not "eat or be eaten", = it is "eat AND be eaten". Shargash is the endless cycle of devouring = that is life. Death that does not feed life is empty and evil. It is the = state of Kazkurtum, and Shargash is its sovereign remedy.

Later,
Dennis