Clans, Wachaza

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 17:01:43 -0500

Clans:

Which out of print/hard to get a hold of source has a listing of Tribes and Clans? To be honest, I=A0don't think I've ever seen one, except mayb= e
"What my father told me" mentions ONE of the clans in Sartar. Does anybody have a listing of Tribes and Clans of Dragon Pass/The Holy Country?

There are two main reasons to use Glorantha as a setting. Number one, it is damn cool. Number two, a lot of the work in world design has allready been done. However, while many of the BIG=A0issues are allready resoved or worked out, there are little details that I don't think everybody has the time or desire to flesh out. (Ok, I=A0mean _I_ don't want to!) So I think that if somebody has spent forty hours fleshing out one of the clans, naming the leaders, picking their favorite cults, coming up with fun little myths/rumors, and only have six to ten people using it, don't you think they should submit them to their favorite amateur fanzine? I hear all kinds of nice things about Pam Carlson's campaign, and I know that other people have done this kind of thing. Wouldn't it be neat to have a dozen clans fleshed out? Then we can worry about the important things AND we have some formats that we (Read _I_) can base a new one on.

Wachaza:

Ok, We've asked about Humakti Subcults and been directed to TOTRM#5. Has anybody ever thought about Wachaza subcults? Or would they all be things like "Fingar Strongtail" (i.e. Merman specific) For the life of me, I=A0can't think of anything really exciting to do with Wachaza. I've got a PC in it, and pretty much all he's concerned with right now is the fact that he has a 20% net attack. (Oh, and what was that Chaos cult that gets TRUE=A0NET) Anyhow, I got the impression that Wachaza was fairly popular among sailors and stuff, but haven't actually READ=A0much about him.