Kalikos

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:28:52 +0800

        Kalikos is a good deal older than the cults of the Young Elementals, Yanafals, etc. Kalikos was an early first age horse nomad hero. The original myth is in the Entekosiad.

        Though I don't wish to completely knock out Andrews suggestions, they are obviously not the origin of the Kalikos cult. But its worth speculating that as its only since the Lunars started backing the cult that its become really effective, it may well be that the use of Lunar magics such as Yanafali dueling techniques and Young Elementals magic is a significant contributor to the recent success of the Kalikos cult. Not to mention the Lunar assault on the Middle Air, thus weakening Valind and other Storm Gods.

        I've always imagined that it involves Lunar heroes going toe to toe with some ice demons, and a fair few snow trolls and Valinds freezing winds.

        David