David Halls post - the Digester Awards

From: Martin Laurie <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Mar 97 14:13:11 EST

David said:
>Ok, I'll cry defeat on Shargash! My mistake.

I hearby nominate David for the "Most Sporting Gentleman Award in Digest Posting" for his unheralded admission of mistake. In a digest full of gargantuan egos, David has placed himself apart with his courage. Bravo sir!

With Nick winning awards and David being nominated for this one, I have to say that the Tales guys are sweeping the event clean and the rest of us are sorry bastards in our mediocrity - shape up!

Digester Awards won so far are:

The Blackadder Award for Extreme Brilliance in the Verbal Assault Category - Winner is Nick Brooke for his work with Stephen P. Martin

Most Sporting Gentleman Award in Digest Posting - to David Hall for his work on "Shargash is Infertile" starring Ben Kingsly, Directed by Ken Russell

Award to win are:

The Digest Lifetime Achievement Award - in which we can sit around and talk of the days when Digests really were digests, men were real men and you had to belong to the CIA to use their mainframe simply to get a digest cos things were tough back then, real tough.

The Meritous Conduct Under Fire Award - for those who stood up to intense flaming with courage, fortitude and acerbic wit.

The Most Outrageous Powergamer Award - can't think who'd win that one.

The Writers Award for the most Contentious Digest Subject

The Most Gregged Poster Award

The Best Newbie Award

Best Supporting Poster

The Most Irritating Quoter of Esoteric Bollocks Award

The "I've Got more Out of Print Stuff than You" Pettiness in the Face of Argument Award.

Any other categories welcome.

Martin Laurie- Chairman of the Digester Awards

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #265

WWW at http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren/Rolegame/glorantha.faq.html