Aram-ya-Udram & co

From: Xavier SPINAT <spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 19:32:00 +0100 (GMT+0100)

I take advantage of the fact that I've seen a few questions about Aram-ya-Udram to check if there's more I can learn on the subject. I really was wondering where I could learn more about the cult of the Bloody Tusk. I've read Elder Races description (in french) but a few things sound weird (which is probably very natural): 1) Who's this Aram-ya-Udram guy? When is he supposed to have begun his strange feats? To what extent did he help founding the EWF? What happened to him eventually? (did he force his way into Hero and God planes? is he dead?...)
2) What is known about the unknown dark demon that Aram-ya-Udram imprisonned? 3) When was the giant boar sent to punish Aram-ya-Udram's followers from neglecting their duties to the Earth and when did the big battle (and the release of the demon) occur?
4) where's the unity between those three "gods"? They all were adversaries and obviously, you could say that they eventually all united, but if the demon was released, why is it still around helping Aram-ya-Udram? Is Aram-ya-Udram the ruler of the two others or is there some kind of partnership?

Those were general questions and I don't event know if any precise answer can be really found.
Now come the silly questions:
1) Is the "dark demon" a clue to understand the link between trolls and tusk riders? I mean, could this "demon" be some kind of troll spirit or god which was vanquished by Aram-ya-Udram? The fact that Aram-ya-Udram had to release him later could explain that trolls and human finally had to cooperate. Since Aram-ya-Udram and the demon fought together against the giant boar, their worshippers had to unite in many ways... All this could explain why the demon remained nameless... If I were a troll god and I had been captured then relesaed by a man, I would manage to have my name erased from the stories. Aram-ya-Udram maybe even blackmailed his victim for not revealing that he had humiliated it. 2) Is there a possible relationship between the cult of the Bloody Tusk and Ramalia? The followers of Aram-ya-Udram may have lived there. (I think I remember that it used to be a land dedicated to earth forces... so it may fit with the "angry because neglected earth goddess" matter) There's also a link because of the boar thing. So it could be that ramalians and tusk riders have common ancestors.

That's it... but I'll welcome any other clues on the subject.

Xavier SPINAT >>>> e-mail: spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr