New Voria spell!

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:49:08 +0000

After spending part of the weekend as my four-year-old niece's favourite toy, I've realised that even lay members of Voria have a spell that no-one wants to talk about. It's a bit like Invigorate, but..... look, just don't mention Tapping, OK?

Energise (variable: special)
Ranged, instant.

The caster must overcome the target's MP with her own. If successful, the target loses a number FP equal to the level of the spell, and they are gained by the caster. All members of Voria learn this spell, but the points of it they can use are limited by age, the maximum being 10 minus the caster's age in years. Once the spell drops to a single point it stays at that level, but is then barely worth casting and is normally forgotten by adulthood. (So a new-born baby can cast Energise 10: my niece can cast Energise 6, and her little brother can cast Energise 8.)

Irrespective of the "level" of the spell, it costs a single MP to cast. (I'm basing the cost on how easily they overcame my MP, and how many times they seemed to cast it: they're both high-POW kids. And cute.)

Priestesses of Voria can, of course, cast this spell unlimited by age, but generally use a modified version of it in which they give their own FPs to the target. (The kids probably could do this. But they don't.)

I would assume that certain individuals such as Theya Two-Mothers are immune to this spell? I know I'm not....

Anyone know any more about it, or how to resist it?

Jane Williams                        jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/index.shtml

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #266

WWW at http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren/Rolegame/glorantha.faq.html