Darkwall

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:24:05 -0500

>I have a hard time buying that Darkwall can be micro-manipulated
>that way... But is that fine a control possible? Since the PC
>can't see through the Darkwall, can he simply move the wall to cover his
>enemies' eyes as soon as they get past the wall?

No, I'd say not. Because the PC can't see the enemy, he can't know where to put it. A Troll may be able to do this, but I'd also impose a 1m/sr movement rate, so an enemy can barge through it.

+------------+
>I don't know the details of the Hill of Gold HQ (my character didn't
>survive), but I assume immortality means you don't die by old age or
normal
>disease. You can certainly be killed by having your head chopped off, or
by
>breaking a geas, or forswearing an oath.

Extract from an old RQ Digest (Vol 1 #53):

Kevin Rose:
the Hill of Gold Heroquest [was discussed] during a seminar on something else. At the end of it you become immortal. what they meant by immortal was (roughly) 'You not only live forever, you cannot be killed.'
This sounds like a question for Sandy Petersen.

Sandy Petersen:

        If you correctly complete the Hill of Gold heroquest, you are then immortal. Your body and soul cannot be severed. If your head is cut off, or your heart is torn out, or you are ground into hamburger, you're functionally disabled, but you're not dead yet, and if your pals can get to your variously-scattered bits of hamburger, they'll find that ordinary healing spells or even First Aid, will help cure you until they've finally got you back up to positive hit points. Of course, if they can't ever find your head (say), then healing the rest of your body won't do a hell of a lot of good. But you're _still_ alive!

        Note that dismembering an immortal is a traditionally efficacious Gloranthan method of dealing with these dudes.

PHIBBS_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |