Tusk riders, temple founding and Drospoly

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 16:38:17 +1300

Xavier Spinat:

>1) Who's this Aram-ya-Udram guy? When is he supposed to have begun his
>strange feats? To what extent did he help founding the EWF? What happened
>to him eventually? (did he force his way into Hero and God planes? is he
>dead?...)

The best information is in the Broken Council Guidebook. He was the most trusted advisor of King Gollanth Heortson during the Grey Age and was chosen by him to be the Speaker for Storm at the Unity Council when it was established during the Grey Age (it later became known as the World Council of Friends). During this period, he won Kerofin's love and recieved the necklace of Kerofin, tamed the Giant Boars and established the Ivory Plinth. He died of natural cuases in 178 ST.

>2) What is known about the unknown dark demon that Aram-ya-Udram imprisonned?

Nothing, although he undoubtedly conquered it before he tamed the boars.

>3) When was the giant boar sent to punish Aram-ya-Udram's followers from
>neglecting their duties to the Earth and when did the big battle (and the
>release of the demon) occur?

Sometime before the Dawn and after the foundation of the Unity Council (which is a period of 200 years FWIW).

>4) where's the unity between those three "gods"? They all were adversaries
>and obviously, you could say that they eventually all united, but if the
>demon was released, why is it still around helping Aram-ya-Udram? Is
>Aram-ya-Udram the ruler of the two others or is there some kind of
>partnership?

These gods are all beings worshipped by the Tusk riders. When Aram releases the demon, he is really releasing it in the sense of releasing an elemental from its binding enchantment - it may be free to move but it is still under the control of Aram. As for Gouger, he is appeased by the sacrifices the Tusk Riders offer to his ghost - without this, the Tusk Riders will never be able to control their mounts.

>2) Is there a possible relationship between the cult of the Bloody Tusk and
>Ramalia? The followers of Aram-ya-Udram may have lived there. (I think I
>remember that it used to be a land dedicated to earth forces... so it may
>fit with the "angry because neglected earth goddess" matter) There's also a
>link because of the boar thing. So it could be that ramalians and tusk
>riders have common ancestors.

The Ramalians don't ride pigs. Furthermore the Ivory Plinth is the centre of the Tusk Riders religion and his from where the Tusk Riders gained the ability to ride boars. Hence Aram would have found it very difficult to live in Ramalia.

Jane Williams:

>Anyone
>want to tell me how one goes about founding a temple (or at least a
>shrine) on its own, starting from nothing?

Find suitable site via divination, omens or real estate agency. Start with a Sancitfy spell at the selected site then hold regular worship ceremonies there. Build according to taste.

Nils Weinander:

Me>>The Waertagi had to turn to worshipping an even more horrific war cult
>>- - Drospoly - before they could make a successful comeback.

>Drospoly horrific, sure, but a war cult?

What do you think the Zombies (actually bloated corpse of those drowned at sea) were used for? While Drospoly does not have any war cult characteristics today; when the Waertagi were smashing God Learner ports whereever they could be found, their worship of Drospoly would have taken military overtones...