Jeff Richard's Battle Report in 260...

From: gswitzer_at_loop.com
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:35:46 -0800

        426 Malani vs 419 Colymar, eh? I've been in loads of SCA battles with similar numbers (and some even larger) including ones with plenty of missle weapons in use. It doesn't take very long, 15-20 minutes tops, for that many SCA-ers to do each other in. How long did your battle last? I would think that the duration of Rune Magic would tend to speed things along, though maybe one of the tactics would be to see how long one side's RL's could hold out casting their Trueswords, Shields, etc. in order to have an advantage later in the battle.

        Some other questions:

  1. Were the 10 BG's the only females in the armies? SCA warbands/units are currently running anywhere from 10 to 20% female, increasing over time.
  2. What were the casualties like? In fact, who won? (The poem wasn't too clear on that point, or maybe I'm just being obtuse.)

        Gary R. Switzer--Aero Hobbies