kitori, onslaught and shargash

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:35:04 +1300

John R. Snead:

[Kitori]

>1) Am I correct in assuming they are a mixed Troll-human culture?

Yes. They were partially described in the first edition of Trollpak (Temple of the Wooden Sword) - OOP unfortunately.

>2) What is the rough ratio of humans to trolls (majority, minority, about
> equal)?

50:50 IMO.
>3) Are any of the Kitori half-trolls like the tusk riders?

IIRC According to (OOP) Trollpak 1st edition, this is considered to be an abomination.

>4) What deities do the Kitori worship, do the humans worship Kyger Litor?

The humans worship Argan Argar.

>5) In RQ terms, would the Kitori count as a barbarian or civilized culture?
> (put in RW terms are they a state-level society with writing or not?)

Barbarian Troll, Savage human.

>6) Are the human Kitori as nocturnal as trolls?

No.

David Hall:

>>Sandy Petersen:
>>If you correctly complete the Hill of Gold heroquest, you are then
>>immortal.

>"Onslaught strode up the hill, a maniacal grin on his face, his bloody
>teeth dripping with gore, and dead bodies heaped behind him. Inora had
>proven to be a poor foe, now it was time to meet Yelm and gain immortality.
>Then, no one could stop him..."

To correctly complete the HoG quest (Yelmalio style), one has to *lose* every battle. This would be a miracle given Onslaught's published stats. Even if you bound him hand and foot and fitted him with mouthguards, he'd still win...

David Dunham:

Me>> I don't see why fire should be particularly associated with [Shargash]

>He's red, isn't he?

Red as in Blood IMO. Shargash does not give off heat so there is little in the way of fiery attributes in his cult.

>And I always figured each of the Dara Happan cities had
>a fire rune god associated with it.

Sky God, not Fire Rune god IMO.