Teshnos

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 97 22:10:25

Here is a rather rough piece on Teshnan philosophy which I started writing last spring/summer but never got the time to finish (then I forgot it). However, now I have at least finished it in intent. This is of course completely inofficial and sprung completely out of my own imagination.

This text is a transcript of a lecture given by the famous mandarin Red Tiger to a class of students. It was recorded by the student Lan Tan Kong using a dancing peacock quill {a magical quill which writes by itself, see below for
details*}, so we can be reasonably sure that these are the exact words of Red Tiger himself.

'In order to understand the superiority of our Kralorelan way, it is necessary to know something of how other peoples live and die. What I will relate to you today are the words and views of priest of the Sky from the Sun Land {Teshnos}.

I will not waste much time on the journey there. There are two ways to go the Sun Land. By land you have to pass the Death Jungle. This is a very bad place, dangerous as few other regions to us men. The only humans who live there are Beast Men. Otherwise the jungle is populated by Forest Men {embyli} among whom there are many worshippers of the Sky, which might sound reasonable, but the Forest Men have never acknowledged the Emperor or the wisdon of the dragons.

By sea you have to pass through the waters patrolled by the amazon pirates. This is dangerous too, but if you travel with skilled sailors the amazons can be avoided, for their vessels are small and can be outrun by a swift ship.

I chose the sea trail and left the Land of Splendour on a ship manned by sailors from the Fragment Land {the East Isles}. These were Haragalans, which are the best traders, but excessively proud.

The Sun Land is very hot. The heat and an ancient curse combined make the people there slow and inactive. Still they do have many learned men and philosophers, so the indolence seem to be restricted to physical activity, while their mental and spiritual capacity is good.

In xxxx I talked to the high priest Garindan, the High Guardian of Rubies. This is what he said about their beliefs of life and death:

"All life comes from our spirits and it goes in circles, or perhaps rather in a spiral. All spirits strive to progress to the sky, and when they have achieved that, to progress through the different skies.

The lowest spirits are those of beasts. A beast spirit can never reach the sky. But if the beast has lived as well as it could in its ordained place, it can be evolve and be reborn as a human.

Some reborn beasts have progressed, but failed in the last judgement. These are reborn as humans of the Night caste. The Night people are thus little more than beasts. As to whether a Night man can evolve and be reborn as a true man, the opinions vary. It is my belief that they can if they bear their burdens gracefully and work hard since they partake of the first fire of Calyz {sex not
only for procreation but also for pleasure}, but esteemed philosophers like high priest Ashoka, the Eye of the Falcon, thinks that they can either be reborn as a Night man, or devolve and be reborn as beasts.

When a beast has evolved and been reborn as a true man, the man child is born to the Morning caste. These are the basest of true men and thus handle heavy and dirty work, like tilling the soil. The Morning men must worship Solf, the underground fire, because he like them is base and gross.

The Morning men may partake of all three fires of Calyz which make them the most tainted of true men. The spirit of a Morning man who has lived an exemplary life will go to the Underground Sky of Solf after death. There the underground fire will cleanse it from he taint of soil. Then the spirit is reborn as a man of the Noon caste.

The Noon men are the warriors and rulers. They must worship Somash, the fierce sun. Since the Noon men are our warriors they bear the taint of blood. They may partake of the first and the second fire of Calyz {pleasurable sex and the use of fire for metal working}, but many say that they must use the first fire sparingly to preserve their energy since fighting takes so much of it.

The spirits of good Noon men go to the Fiery Sky of Somash after death. The pure sky fire will cleanse them from the blood stains so they can be reborn as men of the Evening Caste.

The Evening men are the most holy, the priests and the philosophers. They must worship Zitro Argon, the unreachable lord of the far sky. Zitro Argon is pure and so are the Evening men.

They may partake of the first fire of Calyz but most Evening men do it only in order to have an heir. Some philosophers say that they should abstain from it altogether.

When an Evening man who has lived exemplarily dies, his spirit will go to the Crystal Sky of Zitro Argon where it will remain forever in the perfect light of purity."

As you can see, the Sun people live and die somewhat like our ancestor probably did before emperor Thalurzni ordained afterlife in the Right Way.'

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/