re: Kitori

From: SinMissing_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:47:55 -0500 (EST)

>>4) What deities do the Kitori worship, do the humans worship >>Kyger Litor?

>The humans worship Argan Argar.

  Not only Argan Argar, humans would worship Zong as well. Since the troll woods offers a mixed hunting ground setting, one that has somehow not been transformed into the wasteland typical of troll living areas, I imagine that Humans would worship Zong to gain access to his "command bug spells," just as trolls might worship Odayla/Yinkin combination for similar reasons.   Gorakiki would be suitable worshiped. Insects are a important source of food in the real-world-over. In my campaign, humans from the Applelane region trade worthless rotted fruit to kitori tribesman who raise fruit midges.
  In the absense of more "orlanthi" sense of honor-mindedness, it would follow that Zorak Zoran would be worshipped by humans as well. This is not to say that kitori are not honorable, but since they have a tribal/social relation with trolls, they might have a more base moral (tt). As stated in trollpak, the human-troll tribe is distrusted. What better way to embody the frustrations of individuals who have to deal with outsider's stupid stereotypes than by killing them!
  At the same time, the trolls in my campaign have established some orlanthi-like traditions as well. Seeing that troll woods has not been destroyed by the voracious trolls led me to the conclusion that trolls are more orlanthi-clannish-like. Clans spar with each other and war is a social function to control overpopulation. What better way to get rid of those idiot trollkin? (-I have toyed with the idea of humans eating trollkin as well as insects but the jury is still out.) It follows that the population break down of trollwoods would lean a little toward more warrior and value trollkins than in area where trollkin horde because the bulk of trollkin are killed off. (i.e. the Shadow Plateau which is a staple for hunting parties.)  The forest cannot possibly support that kind of life.   Trolls would also worship Donandar, Humakt, Stormbull, and the rarest high barbarian types would pay homage to Mostakos. (these being chariot drivers in the classic barbarian sense.) And whose to say that a troll would through a nod toward Heller when the hot summer sun dries the forest and threatens to set it alight? Ernalda is a strong candidate for the obivous care that trolls direct toward their wood.
>Barbarian I think. There are no cities in the troll woods, >which is
>where I think most of the troll population is. I think of the >Kitori as
>being mostly forest dwelling, though there are people who >think their
>territory extends as far as Whitewall (John Boyle in RQA#5?).

I thought the kitori partially founded Whitewall?