Re: heroquester's immortality...

From: Henk.Langeveld_at_Holland.Sun.COM
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 00:01:32 +0100 (MET)

From: "Jane Williams" <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
> Does that mean anyone who's done the HoG is immortal? That includes
> Belvani from Sun County, doesn't it?
>
> Apart from this, how do HQers achieve immortality? I know it's not
> common, but what HQs have been documented, if any? I don't see how you
> can get it from following your deity in a myth, simply because the gods
> are immortal to start with: they didn't have to gain it.

I see several ways:

One: You break the heroic cycle, and just don't return.

Two: After repeated heroquesting, you become an avatar of your god, or reach ultimate `communion'. You become one with.

Three: For those who don't follow their god's path(s), but

	through chance or fate or will start of on a path
	of their own making - these will start new cults.

	On one of their quests, they'd have to face Death
	directly, and defeat it.

Yours rambling,

Henk