Re: My two cents on the Kitori

From: SinMissing_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 20:32:18 -0500 (EST)

>I strongly doubt the humans worship Kyger Litor

  I agree. IMO Kyger Litor is the troll psychopomp and the friendliest human couldn't relate to that without being adopted. For the same reason, I think Orlanth would still be god of the hearth.

>For those of you who are
>familiar with my Cults of Orlanth format, basically Argan Argar has
>replaced Orlanth as the clan protector for the human Kitori.

  I disagree because Argan Argar is god of reaching out and communicating.  The protector god would, IMO, be a duty left for those intimately connected with the frabic of society (i.e. Orlanth). Argan Argar has only the vaguest protector aspect because he is Xentha's son. As noted in Troll Gods, Xentha is difficult for worshippers to contact directly so she is often appeased through Argan Argar. Argan Argar would, IMO, replace Issaries. For that matter, I think every lightbringer would be replace with an equivalent darkness diety, if plausible. Argan Argar for Issaries, Xiola Umbar for Chalana Arroy, possibly Arkat for Llankor Mhy.   Kyger Litor would still be the most prominent god for reasons outlined in troll pack. Not everyone needs to be a merchant or facillitator between trolls and humans. Clans high up in the Storm Walk may be in the same tribe as humans, and may know about them, but because of the size of the clan do not have even one AA Initiate. In this case many clans might support a roving Argan Argar initiate who settles disputes between clans.