Issaries, Kitori & SPH

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:28:38 +1300

Simon D. Hibbs:

>IMHO The Issaries cult was an amalgamation of numerous trade and
>communication cults across southern Genertela. The Garzeen and
>Goldentongue cults were probably the largest of these. It seems certain
>that The cult of Issaries and/or it's original components definitely
>predated the founding of the Middle Sea Empire.

To back Simon up, Garzeen according to CoP tried to marry Fenela, the Daughter of King Froalar (Hrestol's Dad BTW) in the West shortly after the Dawn. Hence Garzeen IMO comes from Ralios.

The People of Brolia worshipped a God called Saries. Their leader was Arstor (IIRC) who was also called the Goldentongue of Brolia. Harst is from Dragon Pass where he teaches them how to speak. Because of his simple cult structure, he could be very old perhaps even before the Great Darkness.

It looks to me that the Issaries Cult was formed during Nysalor's Empire (or even Arkat's Empire) and transmitted by the God Learners.

Joerg Baumgartner:

Me>>[The Kitori] were partially described in the first edition of Trollpak
>>(Temple of the Wooden Sword) - OOP unfortunately.

>Do you mean 2nd Ed. RQ Trollpak? Where?

A Trader from the Kitori visits the Sazdorf ruins and the secret of its location becomes known to outsiders through the Kiroti (I think),

Jane Williams:

AF>> BTW -- doesn't one of the published RQ3 scenarios allude to the temple
>> startup process? (SPH?)

>(Feeling lost and confused: it's been a bad day): what's an "SPH"? Anyone
>want to point me at the scenario?

Snake Pipe Hollow.