The Mobile Temple

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:03:29 -0500 (EST)

> > (BTW, sanctified items can be portable - nomads and soldiers often make
> > such shrines, probably called "icons".)
> Didn't someone decree, after an experience wth a certain wooden sword,
> that such portable temples were a Bad Thing? I can see them being an
> extremely useful thing to have around at times: think about a Wind Lord
> with a Lunar price on his head trying to regain his spells,
> post-Whitewall. Too useful, perhaps.

       This reminds me of the ox cart (which can be drawn by a "non-bovine ox" whatever that might be) that Orlanth High Priests are required to have in CoP; it is noted that the priest "may set up a temple in a few hours". While I suppose it is possible that the priest is just Sanctifying an area, I'd guess that the oxcart is actually a mobile temple. While one could hide an temple sword, or other holy goodie, a two-wheeled ox cart is a bit noticable and I'd expect the Lunars to be under orders to do appropriate investigations of all such ox carts.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... Mulling over how B5 characters don't fit Glorantha as well as _Gilligan's Island_Characters....