Brian Defends his Issaries Hypothesis

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 07:48:46 -0600

Peter and Simon raise points concerning the apparent existence of components of the Issaries cult prior to the expansion of the Middle Sea Empire. While again acknowledging that the Jrusteli-cum-Issaries hypothesis is something I've not thought too terribly much about (it just popped in while reading RoC the other day), I think there's an explanantion to cover the existence of Garzeen, Goldentongue and Harst before the God Learners cropped up.

Of course those clever God Learners are going to be smart enough to fabricate a god with a background. They took their knowledge of the three "sons" of Issaries and by making them Issaries off-spring they gave more credibility to Issaries himself. He must exist... he's got off-spring!

I'd be interested if anyone knew of the existence of *Issaries* before the coming of the Jrusteli? It's a chicken-egg question. Which came first: Issaries of the *cult* of Issaries (i.e. the God Learners)?

Brian