re: Kitori Religion

From: SinMissing_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 20:11:49 -0500 (EST)

Sinmissing = Arthur Reyes

>I believe not. The Troll psychopomp is Jeset the Ferryman

  I feel that your definitions of psychopomp is to narrow. What I meant by it was Orlanth (for humans)/ Kyger Litor (trolls) is the soul guide in mortal life. They serve to connect the mortal to the social frabric of his akashic record. I.E. what it means to be a troll. Jeset the Ferryman in this case represents what it means to be a dead troll. Any human who could relate to the 1st element would be an initiate of KL, and would be ready for adoption.  Kyger Litor serves as the defining element of troll social fabric.   Orlanth rules through the right of his deeds, the talented become rulers.  It isn't by might alone but by wits. This is slightly different from trolls relations to each other, especially MR Trolls relations to Dtrolls. (see troll morals, fear, and emotion; Glorantha Digest...) Quoting AH RQ 3 doesn't mean anything, I'm talking about myth building. How would you say Argan Argar runs his household. He may give the toasts but who do you ask for permission to leave the table, and why do you do what you do? Where Orlanth would be the "father" in household life, Argan Argar would be a friendly uncle who would nudge you out toward the rest of the world.

>Arkat is a hero, maybe even a
>anti-hero, but _never_ a sage. He stole the secret of sorcery in order
>to give it to Uzdom, but he is not a peruse-old-dusty-books type for
>trolls.

  What else is sorcery, but the ordering an understanding of an ambivalent universe. Llankor Mhy and Arkat both represent making sense, cataloging the world for the future. Sorcery itself relies on what has come before it, dusty tome upon dusty tome. Where Llankor Mhy is the god of knowledge, Arkat must represent some kind of knowledge gathering aspect to trolls because he gave them sorcery.

>AA is mentioned as a husband/protector of Ernalda

  Orlanth would certainly have something to say about that! You can say a husband is a protector but, it is not always true that a protector is a husband. - I'm sure that he would have been exceedingly grateful to AA for protecting his wife while in the underworld on the Lightbringer Quest. "Take my wife, please" (-i think not.)