Resurrect Genert

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 12:24:28 +0100

Chris Lemens:
>I love this plot line.

Yeah, and it is pretty easy to interconnect with the published campaigns and scenarios.

I assume that to resurrect Genert the players need, amongst other things, to integrate parts of all the five elements within themselves to combat chaos in a I fought We Won fashion. This somewhat like the Swamp Thing plot where old Swampy becomes the champion of all elements with all the rather earth-shaking consequences of that.

The first part will be Water (The RoC-campaign with some bells added). Then there is Earth (Snake Pipe Hollow; Baroshi is a son of Genert who was sent into hiding). Wind is proably going to be Griffin Mountain.

I'm still stumped for ideas for Sun and Night. Possibly i'll use Cragspider as an icon for the Darkness part, since she is connected with the Fate Weaver, who is behind the choosing of the players as vehicles for ressurrecting Genert.

Then there will be kind of a Lightbringer's Quest. And a quest to free the trapped spirit of the the Tunnelled Hills and possibly cleanse Than Ulbar with the aid of the animated statues atop the Plateau of Statues.

This is somewhat epic, but i like that.

>Will you post stories?

If they turn out good.

>Recently someone noted on
>the Digest that the method of rendering Gods powerless was to ritually
>dismember them, since they were technically immortal. Surely that is what
>Wakboth did, since people still find piece of the dead god (and, if Issaries
>worshippers, have to try to reassemble him, as I recall?)

It wasn't Wakboth who dismembered Genert. Genert's servants did that to hide Genert from Wakboth, in order to resurrect him later, but Wakboth's devastation turned out to be too great and the servants responsible were scattered and the resurrection left undone.

The Issaries' obligation to carry hyenas to the Growing Place is a God Learner invention (1), since they too became interested in resurrecting Genert, but the Gift Carriers of the Sending Gods interrupted their resurrection. The ritual obligation still remained as a mythic truth though.

(1) Desert Trackers exist in Prax for the specific reason to find the pieces of Genert and scout the paths of Genert's resurrection.

Also interesting is the location of Robcradle and the rumoured location of Wakboth's Eye. My guess is that the God Learners needed the Eye as the chaos element in the ritual, and so placed their cradecatching business in that location as well. It could OTOH be a stroke of luck that they placed Robcradle there and then discovered the presence of the Eye and so embarked on the Genert Project.

Labrygon's Puzzle may be a complex way of understanding Fate and the interconnecting strands in her Web. Since the Canal is periodically congruent with the god-river Styx, Styx must have importance in the Genert Project, but i haven't got a clue what it's function could be. Possibly a way to empower or trap Zola Fel. Since Zola Fel can Purify Water it may have something to do with the Eye of Wakboth, since it may be speculated that the Purified Eye could be a tremendous power against chaos.

How's that for God Learning the God Learners?