Hereward the Wake in DP?

From: gswitzer_at_loop.com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 21:27:01 -0800

        It's so rare to see RuneQuest or Glorantha mentioned anywhere other than here I thought I'd mention an article in the latest issue of Wargames Illustrated (February 1997) entitled "The Last Saxon Hero: Exploits of Hereward the Wake" by Paul Appleby where, after describing the campaigns (if they can be called that) of Hereward in the Peterborough-Ely area between 1069 and 1071, there is a section called "The Fictional Wake: Skirmishing/Roleplaying Hereware" where Mr. Appleby says:

        "(RuneQuest has an 'evil empire vs. barbarians' background and mostly battle magic: ideal.)"

        And goes on to describe the various personalities involved, most of whom would fit perfectly into the 1350's campaign the Seatle gang is playing in.

        Gee, there might just be an interest in that Gloranthan miniatures game after all, at least in England. :)

        Gary R. Switzer--Aero Hobbies