Brainy Bunnies

From: Simon D. Hibbs <S.Hibbs_at_fcrd.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 14:58:37 +0000 (GMT)

James Frusetta :

>Note, of course, Brainy Bunny makes the ultimate secret agent during the
>Lunar Occupation of Sartar. Brave Brainy Bunny joins Orlanth; sacrifices
>for a couple Lightnings; then hops into the Lunar camp, and fries the
>commander. The mystery of why the Sartar House of Assassins' produce bill
>is so high is now solved...

I'm afraid Brainy Bunny would be fried by the warding spells and spooked to death by all the allied spirits and what have you before he got a few hops. Nice try though.

V.S. Greene :

> Would there perhaps be a human (or whatever) ritual for producing a
>bright animal? After all, there's allied spirits in animals for some
>cults.

You are describing the Waha spells for awakening the Fixed INT of herd beasts. Awaken [Herd Beast] I think. There is a spell for fixing INT as well.

Presumably, if an inteligent animal heroquests and masters the Man rune a new tribe of Hsunchen would be born? Perhaps not, but the idea of a bunny heroquest is interesting - very Watership Down. Anyone for a game of RacoonQuest? How about HeronQuest? Or Glorantha - The Game (Game - geddit? As in game pie?.... Oh, well.)

Most of the speculations concerning inteligent animals have been very humanocentric. Why would an inteligent animal be even remotely interested in human cults? Their religious experience would presumably be shamanic ancestor worship of some sort.

Simon