Long Hare Music

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:39:16 -0500

Many questions about sentient wabbits...

Q1: How big are smart hares?
Big! Sentient animals are bigger than non-sentient animals of the same species. Sometimes they are a little bigger, as with the sentient fish of the Zola Fel. Sometimes they are a lot bigger, as with the rumored sentient tarantulas of the trollish Aranea cult. Smart hares stand between one and two cubits tall when they stand on their hind legs, which they often do.

Q2: Do smart hares breed true?
Yes they do. Do intelligent humans breed true? Do herdmen breed true? Doh! Smart Hares are somehow immune to the curse of stupidity that Hare trickster brought upon most of his descendants.

Q3: Does the ecosystem have an effect on how many smart hares can live in  it?
Yes! What a silly question.

Q3a: I mean, does the divine essence of the ecosystem somehow impart more  brains and a greater likelihood of smart hares spontaneously arising from  stupid hares?
I don't know. Maybe. But I do know that everybody who is smart prefers to live in a place with a vibrant, healthy ecosystem, and that includes the health of the divine essence of the ecosystem. So which came first, the smart chicken or the road?

Q4: What cults can smart hares join?
Hare, the trickster. See... Hare isn't just a trickster in the world of hares. In their world Hare supplies wonderful abilities that everybody needs, like the ability to eat anything you want, and to run really fast, and to disguise yourself as a pile of droppings. Hare is the cultural deity, and it's just those smart big hairless apes who think that Hare is a trickster. One smart hare participated in the Lunar occupation of Pavis, by hopping into the Lunar HQ and Swallowing the commander, then hopping out.

Q5: What are the stats for a smart hare? What game are you playing? <SMACK>