animals

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:25:30 +0800

        I liked Pams explanation of why intelligent fish are bigger than normal, but intelligent animals in general are not.

        The alternative is the Narnia situation, where intelligent animals are in general closer to human size - intelligent rabbits are bigger than normal, intelligent grizzly bears are smaller than normal.

        I still think intelligent animals should be rare and unusual, not a randomly occurring thing (except on the heroplane, where they are the norm). Thats because I don't really want to think about the havoc intelligent animals would wreak on hunting patterns, work practices, etc. But I still like the idea and want to have them in my games very occasionally.

        But it would be cool if there was some part of Glorantha were intelligent animals were very common, so you did have a Narnia style situation. Any suggestions? Beast Valley seems obvious, but that seems to be more a half-beast haven. Any other ideas?

        Cheers

                David