Brainy Bunny-Weres

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:44:34 +0000 (GMT)

> Presumably, if an inteligent animal heroquests and masters the Man rune a
> new tribe of Hsunchen would be born?

They are already here and they are called the Nehcnush and they have spells like Speak (Transform Head), Use Tools (Transform Limbs) and Walk Upright (Transform Body.)

> Most of the speculations concerning inteligent animals have been very
> humanocentric. Why would an inteligent animal be even remotely interested
> in human cults?

Easy. Glorantha, for me anyway, is about pretending myths are true. Human beings have myths and legends with talking/intelligent animals in them.

A sociobiologically accurate analysis of how intelligent rabbit mythology might work is all well and good but not a lot of use if you are just using intelliigent animals in the game as colour or a mythic motif, which let's face it is what they're going to be in most games.