Hero Wars

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:12:05 -0600

V.S. Greene:
> On the other hand, how relevant is the whole Hero Wars thing to the
>rest of Glorantha? The East and West are only peripherally aware of the
>battle between the Lunar Empire and the Sartarites, and except for the sight
>of the Red Moon in the sky it is totally irrelevant to the residents of
>Pamaltela.

        The Lunar/Sartarite thing is the Hero Wars event occurring in the Dragon Pass region. The Pentans are also starting to raid through the Redlands (and possibly, are bothering Kralorea?).

	Other ugly things are happening in other areas.
	Most notably, the Kingdom of War and the Elf Re-forestation are
going on in Fronela.
	All five of Arkat's incarnations suddenly turn up in Ralios.  Costal
barbarians west of Esrolia invade, lead by a hero (name?) who can throw a javelin, leap upon it in mid-air, and guide it's flight with his feet.

         There's a major inter-island confederation war brewing in the East Isles. Vormain is one of the belligerents?

        In Pamaltea, the Doraddi are fighting the invading wagon people (name?) in the central/eastern region. I think the Slarges are coming out in Force in the west (?). Isn't there aslo some kind of horde (possibly chaos) coming up one of the major rivers from the south?

        I assume that the returning vadeli duke it out with the waertegi again, and get at least part of Pameltea involved.

        Most of this comes out of the orange Glorantha box. Please feel free to correct or point out things that I've missed, everybody!

                Andrew

Drink Kalikos-Koolers!