Godlet; Object Lesson; Intelligent Anima

From: Lemens, Chris <CNU!AUSTIN3!lemens_at_cnucorp.attmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:55:00 +0000

Godlet:
Here's a new minor goddess for you: the goddess for unwelcome visitors in solar pantheons is Yu-Hu (pronounced "yoo-hoo"). She grants spells such as Unanticipatable Visit, Freeload, and Require Unreciprocated Courtesy. In some cultures, she is known as the goddess of mothers-in-law.

Object Lesson:
Here is an object lesson for those who flame first and ask questions later (no names--I've done it before). Jeff Richard & I recently disagreed about the place of Elmal. When I received his first response, I felt aggrieved and wrote out a nasty three paragraph flame. I re-read it and decided I was too touchy, so I junked that and tried again, more affably. It turned out that he had misread my post. Had I flamed, I'da looked really dumb (OK--dumber than usual--see below). Communication on this digest seems to lose about 50% of its meaning due to cultural differences, among other things.

Jeff Richard:
>For those of you who don't have the foggiest idea what Peter and I
>are yammering about . . . .

Includes me, most of the time. Just talk loud and slow and maybe I'll get it. :)

Intelligent Animals:
Maybe people (humans, trolls, elves, etc.) wiped out most of the intelligent animals. I seem to recall that the beastmen moved to beast valley to escape from people. Perhaps serving Bugs and Daffy to visiting lords was just too great an opportunity to miss. Or perhaps they became the scape goat for some naturally occurring event. (There are rats in the grain? Must be related to those damn bunnies! Where's my sling?)