Hyalorings

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:16:07 -0800

Peter (normally amongst the great champions of Gloranthan source material cross-referencing) wrote that:
>I forgot to add that the Hyalorings IMO are Pentans rather than
>Zarkosite Pelorians having been gifted the City of Nivorah by
>Emperor Manarlavus in return for suppressing the Rikestings. The
>Hirenmador migration from Zarkos to Raibanth was later than this
>and involved the final destruction of the Augners of Kestinland.

Peter, you have just run aground against a revelation that occurred to me in Pam Carlson's kitchen last week. The Hyalorings are not Pentans, not Pelorians and not some mysterious race unbeknowest to the sages of Glorantha. They are in fact the Vinkotlings of Saird(!). I ask you simply to look at Greg's map showing the homeland of the Hyalorings (Saird) with the location of the Berenthelli tribe (Saird). Then ask yourself what is the nickname of Beren, founder of the Berenthelli? [Answer: the Rider]. Finally compare the name of Beren's wife (who is Vingkot's daughter from the Winter Wife] with the name of the patron goddess of Saird.

Finally, reread the sons of Vuronostom myths and ask if there is another way to read the binding of Kargzant at the hands of Oralantus.

>Thus when the Jenarong tribe meet up with the Hyalorings, they
>were suprised at the presence of alien horseriders who spoke an
>incomprehensible tongue and so called them the "Liars" tribe.

Ah - it is the Jenarong tribe who are Pentan! The Hyalorings are "liars" because they claim to be the "first horsemen" of Glorantha!

Jeff