minor comments

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:02:13 +1300

David Cake:

CL>> Question #4: Why was mention of Shanasse dropped from the GoG writeup
>>(compared to the CoP writeup)?

> Shanassee has also been used as a term for a light spirit
>(something like what would now be called a Luxite). It was probably removed
>due to confusion. Or maybe Shannassee is acknowledged by the elves in some
>places where they have interacted with human light cults. Or maybe its just
>been gregged.

Shanasse is mentioned in the Aldrya Cult writeup. I think what Chris was asking about why Shanasse is not mentioned in the Dryad's song section in GoG rather than the short form cult description. I have no idea why this is so save that Shanasse may be too unimportant to merit description (ie just a pollen bearer).

But then again from GoG:

  1. St. Rokar is not mentioned in the prosopaedia nor the Malkioni description. Nor are the Vadeli for that matter.
  2. The Doraddi Chieftain does not mention the Kresh or the Fonritans. The roles of "Maran Gor" and "Babeester gor" in Doraddi society are not mentioned - I used to think they were Kresh gods as a result.
  3. Elmal is not mentioned in the Orlanthi Storm Voices staves (Yes, I know).
  4. The Teshnans are not mentioned in the Kralori description.

Various other nits can be found...

Alex Ferguson:

Me>> The area is limited so unless the Priest wants to have only a small
>> part of his temple holy, then big founding ceremonies are necessary,
>> methinks.

>Isn't it stackable, areawise, though?

Yes.