Copywrongs.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 16:02:17 +0100 (BST)

Chris Lemens gives us some free legal advice:
> Copyrights came about
> because the English throne granted a monopoly on printing to the Stationer's
> Company (a guild) in order to suppress potential treason & heresy.

I thought that the World's First Copyright Case involved St. Columba nicking someone else's bible, having judgement made against him by the Irish High King ("To every cow its calf, to every book its copy"), fighting a battle over the matter, and then vamoosing to Scotland?

There must be an Orlanthi legal adventure in here somewhere, methinks.

Alex.