Elf Claymores & Trollkin turds

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 14:50:22 -0500 (EST)

Lantis <akuma_at_best.com> pointed out:

> On elf forests being full of fiendish plant traps:
> Rational beings don't place land-mines in their front yard.
> Any part of a forest used regularily by elves probably isn't
> trapped.

That's what the border woods is for -- and note that the fiendish plant traps may not go off when an Elf is near; perhaps that's one of the uses of Elfsense. It tells the plant you're a Friendly. And Elfsense tells you where the traps are, since that part of the forest "feels" different.

> And let's not forget the huge death toll such traps
> would cause for innocent forest creatures.
What, like plant eating bunnies and whatnot? I can't see the Elves boo-hooing over the demise of animal-based life... and the exploded bunny and Bambi bits are useful for mulch! [And a question -- in the _perfect_ Aldryami community, wouldn't all the various ecological roles be peformed by _plants_? Animals are only necessary because of <instert claimed disaster here>. So who cares if they croak?]

I'd suggest, though, that these rare and magical vegetable land mines and whatnot blow up only when the Elven circle of forest life (or whatever) is disturbed By nasty forest hating critters such as trolls, dwarves or lumber companies.

Mind, I'm all for helpless and defenseless Elven communities myself. I like to think of them as "salad bars"...

Alex Ferguson notes:
> > Not necessarily. Remember that people who could give a trollkin turd aren't
> > going to post saying so.
>
> Anyone who can do this, inspired by Monomyth debates or not, should
> _immediately_ post to say so. cc: to James Frusetta, furthermore!

Only if they're a relative. I got cult duties to perform. (urp)

Jamuz Fruzetta