Elf traps

From: Ed Tonry <etonry_at_niu.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 22:43:45 -0500

Lantis comments:

>On elf forests being full of fiendish plant traps:

>Rational beings don't place land-mines in their front yard.
>Any part of a forest used regularily by elves probably isn't
>trapped. And let's not forget the huge death toll such traps
>would cause for innocent forest creatures.

I forget the name, but there is a type of rose plant (I think) which produces a very thick, thorny hedge, very hard to cut through. I seem to recall that it was actually used as a sort of outer defense at some medieval manors. Maybe someone better versed at botany could provide more details.

Ed Tonry